Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Thirty-nine. OMG!!!

OMG!!! I'm thirty-nine! I suddenly realize that I'm almost middle-aged. I mean, I knew Mike was an old fart, but me?
Just kidding. I ,actually, have a very healthy attitude about aging. When I'm old, I'll finally have an excuse for all of my eccentricities. People will just say, " There goes that Jennifer Blue, she's a little off." Whereas, now, I'm just labeled as "strange" or "crazy".

I am, however, amazed at how something can seem like it just happened and at the same time, it seems like it was a lifetime ago. On one hand, it seems like I just left for college. On the other hand, it seems like I've lived a hundred different lives. It does make one stop and think about living everyday to the fullest or as my husband says, "I'll sleep when I'm dead". Anyhow, I thought I'd make a quick list of things to do before I die. This way I have the next 50+ years to complete it because I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time. I'm shooting for at least 95 but 100 would be great. Besides, I have to fulfill my destiny as a crazy aunt since I don't have any kids to torture with my eccentricities.

1. Take a trip to France
2. Learn French so I can actually communicate when I'm there
3. Ride a century on my bike
4. Write a book
5. Learn to play the piano
6. Read War and Peace
7. Sell a painting
8. See all of my nieces grow up and have families of their own
9. Finish my college degree
10. Get real cable tv
11. Swim with the manatees
12. See the Tour de France
13. Ride the space shuttle
14. Take Taylor to London when she graduates (I better start saving now)
15. Start a community garden here in Mansfield

Oh well, not a very exciting list, but attainable (except the space shuttle part). This list making is harder than it seems. I'll have to think about it and possibly add more later.

Anyway, Happy 39th to me!

p.s. The picture is from my 2nd birthday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: