Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Simple life


I've been on Facebook for a couple of months. I think I'm addicted to it. I check it in the morning and at night before I go to bed. I love to hear what old classmates are doing and to look at their pictures. The problem is what to type in the little box that pops up at the top. It reads, "Jennifer is....." and I am supposed to type in what I'm doing. The truth is that most of the time, I'm doing nothing. I'm sitting at the computer reading what they are doing. Starting to feel like a total loser, I try to think up something clever to write but the words just won't come. There is no clever way of saying, "I'm having coffee and looking at a computer screen". There is no way to make it sound more exciting. But today... epiphany.. I wanted a simple life and I've got one.

Today, it's snowing here in Mid-Central Ohio and I am sitting here watching it. The only sound is of me, typing this post. I have a piping hot mug of coffee and I'm relaxing before going to work this afternoon. My life is simple by design and I don't have to make it sound more exciting then it is. In the spring..when they are all playing outside.. we will have a million things to do. For now, I'm just going to enjoy winter through the window by my desk.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: