Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spring Is On The Way


Finally, I can see signs of Spring's arrival and it is just in time. Cabin Fever was really beginning to set in and I was becoming downright grouchy. I enjoy Winter until mid-February and then I want it to be gone. I'm sick of being cold and cooped up.

We received our first seed catalog of the season a few weeks ago but it did little to cure the blues. It just made me want to go out and work in the garden. But at the first sighting of a robin, I instantly felt better. I know it won't be long until the daffodils and tulips start poking their heads out of the ground.

I did spend the winter planning some new things for the garden and trying to solve some recurring problems. I've realized that I don't really have enough space to do all of the things that I would like to. If it were up to me, I'd have no yard, only garden. I rent my house from my parents so I don't think they would enjoy me tearing up the entire lawn. They already thought it a little strange when I planted leeks in the flower bed in the front of the house a few years ago.

The other project that we've worked on during our hibernation, is to clean out all of the clutter. After being stuck in the house for the past few months, I am tired of having our space filled with things that we don't need or use. We've hauled a good bit of it to the garage in preparation for a huge yard sale. We are continuing our quest to simplify, simplify, simplify. I should say, I am continuing the quest as my husband claims to not need anything but a comfortable chair, books and his tools. Maybe, someday, I will learn to be satisfied with only what I need and not five sets of dishes for a household of two.

As the days get longer and the sun shines more, I will begin to get a "spring" in my step again and our little urban homestead will begin another season.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: