Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Girls


The top photo is my Specialized Crossroads. It was purchased by my husband as an engagement present. (The family that cycles together; stays together) The bottom photo is my 1974 Schwinn Voyageur. It was purchased in a thrift shop for $10. It was clean but needed new tires, new handlebars, brakes and a saddle. When we lived in Florida, they were my main mode of transport.

So these are the girls. Apparently, they need to be given names so I'll be working on that. Suggestions would be welcomed. I'm also keeping my eye out for a vintage bike to restore and glam up. Maybe some kind of old three speed. I love my girls so much that I'm afraid they will get stolen so I need a cheapy for errands and commuting.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Filigree said...

The Specialized looks like a Stella to me; the Schwinn looks like a Sheila or Mathilda.