Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Fashion Book


A found a copy of The Fashion Book in a thrift store several years ago. If you love fashion.. you need a copy of this book. It has some of the greatest photographs ever taken in the fashion industry. While flipping through it the other day, I found this photograph taken by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. It was taken in 1994 for a Face fashion shoot.


The Fashion Book Isbn: 071483808x
Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin:
www.airdeparis.com/inezvin.htm

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Filigree said...

I have The Fashion Book and will have to take a look at the photo when I get home. Nice subtle juxtaposition of the popsicle and the rocket.

But what are those bikes? The left one at least is lugged. The name on the seating tube looks like it starts with the letters "BRAW".

Jen said...

The one on the right must be a Giant. Not sure about the one on the left. I'll check with Mike and get back to you on that.

Filigree said...

Yup, I figured the right one looks like it says "Giant". Ah, the neon-covered bikes of the 80s and 90s! I wonder whether 20 years from now, people will be trying to preserve and restore that look.

Jen said...

I think people will try to preserve them because it will be a part of their childhood but with all of us re-painting them...will their be any left in original condition? Ha! Ha!