Monday, June 15, 2009

Meet Max

This is Max. The newest addition to our bicycle family. He was given to us by a co-worker of my brother. He's a 1977 Raleigh 10-speed. Max is in need of some TLC which is just what we plan to give him. His previous owner wanted someone to love him and ride him and that's what I intend to do. This will be my first time taking a bicycle completely apart and putting it all back together. I can't wait.

Max has a beautiful Headbadge and that part will stay original but we don't think we can save the original paint job and decals. Darn it!

Max is going to look great once he gets some of his rust off.

It really is too bad about the decals because they are cool.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Filigree said...

Beautiful lugs! Beautiful colour! I am impressed by your ambitious plans -- my own definition of restoration is bringing the Raleigh to Harris Cyclery : )

Jen said...

I have always taken my bikes to the shop to have the real work done but I have been wanting to learn about bikes so this is my chance.