Thursday, June 4, 2009

Recycled Cotton Towels


Today, I rode the bike to Kroger for the first time. I've been a little scared to do it since the traffic is heavy in parts, the roads narrow with sewer grates at the edge. Mansfield is not bike friendly but hopefully that will soon change. I took the back roads and wound my way through a neighborhood until I only had a couple of blocks to go. I will admit that there was some sidewalk usage involved but since nobody was walking on them, I considered them fair game. When I arrived at Kroger, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had a bike rack but I had to move some carts out of the way to use it. Overall, it was a good experience and I will do it again. I do, however, have to work out some baskets, etc. for carrying my purchases as the backpack got a little heavy and awkward on the way home.

I was impressed to find that Kroger had several displays of green items and I purchased this really cool kitchen towel for only $2.99. They had several styles that had different quotes or sayings on them such as Treehugger. They are made of recycled cotton and all the styles were cute. They also had a rather impressive display of Seventh Generation products. Hopefully, it's a sign of the times and people are starting to think more about the impact they have on the world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: