Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recycled Bottles


A few years ago, I found these glasses in a rarely used kitchen cupboard. Since I live in my parents old home, I sometimes find hidden gems that they have left behind. I thought these were really cool in a Pop Art kind of way. The thing was...I didn't remember ever using these when I was a kid so I asked my mom about it. Now here's the cool part: my dad made them. I put the glasses back in the cupboard because I wanted to save them since they were made by my dad.

Lately, I've been thinking about getting them out and using them. I love them because they are made from recycled soda bottles and I think it's a clever use of something that would normally be thrown away. Also, what's the point of having something that you can't use.

Then this morning, I clicked on Vintage Indie's webpage and featured were sets of glasses made from old bottles. I immediately went to the cupboard and got the glasses down. I am definitely going to use them. They are a little dusty but after a good washing, they should be perfect. Now if I can just get dad to show me how he made them, I might set up a little cottage industry since I have a few other ideas rattling around in this brain of mine.

In the meantime, if you are interested in a set of your own follow the link below then follow the link to Yava Glass:

http://vintageindie.typepad.com/vintage_indie/2009/06/recycled-living-giving-glass-new-life.html

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

vintageindie said...

These are so retro. Love them!

Jen said...

Thanks. Love your website. One of my favs.