Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Advice needed from other bloggers


So this is part of the fleet and as you can see by the bottom right corner (second picture up) we have added another member. Remember the vintage Huffy that I saw parked down the street? Now it's mine. The neighbor said it was sitting outside because he had no room for it in his garage. He sold it to me for $30. I started working on it today and it's quality is not nearly as good as the Hercules but it's going to be a great little bike. I'm thinking that it might be good for a loaner for friends to use when they are visiting. I need to get new tires for it, clean it up a little and it's ready to ride.

So I have to ask. How do all of you great cycling bloggers get your pics? I'm having a heck of a time. I'm feeling like the lone cyclist in town. I carry my camera with me and never find anything to shoot. Lot's of people ride at the bike trail but not many use their bike as a mode of transport. It's a little frustrating when so many of you take such beautiful pictures and post them. Oh well, I guess I'll have to work with what I've got but any advice would greatly be appreciated. Oh and when I do see something interesting, the moment has passed before I even get the camera out. I know...pathetic.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Filigree said...

Even though there are plenty of stylish cyclists in Boston and Vienna, I personally just do not feel comfortable photographing people on the street without their awareness and permission. So I too usually take to other methods. Here are some ideas:

. photograph things along the way as you ride around your town or on a new path

. photograph yourself on or next to your bikes in new and cooky ways

. document restoration and modification projects

. make "art" out of bicycles

. contact cyclists you know in your area and invite them to pose for photo-shoots

I think all of these would yield interesting shots!