Saturday, July 11, 2009

The 96th Tour De France

Photo from www.versus.com
Everyday, I DVR the tour so I can watch it when I get home from work (at midnight). This means that I have had almost no sleep this week and have fallen asleep on the couch a couple of times before seeing the end of the coverage.
If you haven't been following, you're missing a great show. It's anyone's tour right now and Team Astana has a rather interesting set up with several riders that could actually take the tour. We haven't had cable for five years but I had to get it with a digital sports package in order to get Versus but you can also watch footage on www.versus.com . They also have several contests with some really cool prizes including a trip to the 2010 Tour. Be sure to check out their website. It really is incredible and I am dying to get a poster of the logo pictured above.
I also stumbled onto an alternative way to follow the tour. I sometimes check out a blog called Good Things. It's about someone who aspires to a Martha Stewart type existence. I haven't looked at it for a while and when I went there today, I found that it's author is following the Tour. A map is provided along with regional information but here's the best part... they prepare a dish that is traditional for each region that the Tour rides through. The articles are fabulous and the food is tantalizing. Food & cycling. How awesome. So be sure to visit.

3 comments:

Filigree said...

I've been following online, no TV. No idea why I am even into it, but I am! It's been fascinating and surprising so far. 10 more stages to go!

Jen said...

I love to watch especially knowing how hard it is to pedal to the store let alone riding mountains. It's an amazing sport.

Claudine said...

Thank you so much for the nice comment! I love the Tour and French food so it was a natural fit. It is a labor of love, that is for sure. But I am already getting depressed that the TOur is almost over, time to start planning next year! Thank you again!
Claudine