Monday, July 6, 2009

Bike Trail Pics

This lovely couple out for a Sunday evening ride has a matching set of Electra Townies.

I love this couple. He's more of a roadie and she's in her street clothes.

The Psycyclist broke a spoke on his Gios on Saturday so we ran the wheel down to the bike shop for repair. On the way back, we checked out the bike trail for any unsuspecting models. Maybe the blog should be called "bike stalker" since I am armed with camera and on the prowl. Anyway, we spotted quite a few Electra Townies so I guess our local shop has sold a lot of them. For me, it's a bike that I like in theory but not so much in practice. I'm sure they're great for people who just want to leisurely ride along the trail. They sure do look cool!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

sara said...

I totally understand the bike stalker thing! Somewhere reading bike blogs, I saw these cards to print out saying something about "I think your bike is hot!" that you can leave in someone's spokes. I am tempted...

Meanwhile, the first snap made me think of my in-laws-- NYC dwellers who are getting their feet wet for their retirement in Chapel Hill, NC. They're both 70 and just bought bikes. YAY!

Jen said...

I love it! They are getting back on bikes. I bought my mom (she's 58) a Trek Navigator last summer and she hasn't been on it yet but...she won't sell it back to me either. I'm working on her. I think once she works up the nerve, she'll remember how fun it was when she was a kid and she'll be hooked.

I have business cards for my blogs that I give to people so they don't just think I'm some crazy person. It seems to work and they are usually flattered.

Filigree said...

"Bike Stalker"! I like that as a name of a blog.

Seeing some of those people in jeans, makes me realise that this is one article of everyday clothing that I avoid cycling in; I find it very uncomfortable... But then I am not a big jeans wearer in general and find even walking in them uncomfortable.

Jen said...

I ride in jeans to work on casual day but, luckily, it's not very far. The seams could really begin to hurt the lady bits if I had to ride for a while.