Monday, August 17, 2009

Missing my bikes and all of you

Life has been so crazy but in a good way. I have been offered an opportunity to make one of my life-long ambitions come true. I'm not quite ready to share it all yet. I might jinx myself.

I will tell you that it's exciting, nerve wracking and flattering- all at the same time. The only caveat so far is that I have absolutely no time to ride.

The weather has been so hot and humid (as I write this, I am sticking to my chair). I haven't even wanted to ride to work. I would have to leave early to allow time for the "PTA" bath and I just don't have the extra minutes right now.

I am missing my bikes and all of my fellow bloggers. I miss reading about all of you and your adventures. I wonder if anyone has a new bike, had a crash, or decided to give up their car.

Things will settle down soon and I will restore some balance to our household. At this moment, I have about two weeks of dirty laundry, a garden full of weeds, and a list of other projects that need to be done before autumn.

Just wanted you to know that I'm still here and thinking of all of you.

4 comments:

Filigree said...

Thanks for the update! So curious to hear what's been happening. Either way, best of luck and hoping you will return in full-swing soon!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Glad to hear you're still pedaling around...I'll keep posted on your big news! we're planning a bike ride on a local trail and a picnic Wednesday. I wish I could report Greg was off training wheels, but no dice yet.

sara said...

Wow-- fulfilling a life-long ambition. Very cool. Hope it happens for you.

Jen said...

Thanks for the comments. I will share soon. Not anything as exciting as going on American Idol or something but just something I've always wanted to do (or be).

I actually got out on the bike a little today. It was a great escape from my complicated life.
Gave me time to clear my head.

Well, I'm going to surf onto your blogs and see what you've been up to.